Friday, June 27, 2008

Make a wish...see what's out there!


We live in a continuous fight, a constant struggle to get what we want, when we want it and especially how we want it. Most of the times, we fight so hard that we end up destroying our wish. The other times we don't appreciate it as much when we get it. If you think about it, none of our wishes come true exactly when and how we want them. So maybe we don't wish for things, but we get a glimpse of what's going to happen. We are shown a possible future and all we have to do is decide if we want to follow that path or not.

When we moved to New York last year, me and R decided that we'd go for our honeymoon in Brazil. The only reason we decided for Brazil was because we saw E's Facebook photos from Brazil and we loved them. At least that's how we thought at that time. Two month later I find out about the possibility of spending my summer semester in Brazil. So I start writing essays and I apply for it. I get in. We decide to go one week early and have our own small vacation in Brazil. I don't remember exactly when this wish started to take form in reality, in fact I'm not even sure it started out as a wish. It seemed more like the universe showed us a peek in a possible future and we decided to make it happen. So maybe it's not about the wishes, but it's about catching that moment when the universe gives you a hint about the future and then going on that road.

So now that we've already been in the honeymoon before the actual wedding, I wonder where our honeymoon will be. I don't have any clues yet, but as soon as I get any, I'm going to follow that road.

No comments: